Thursday, December 4, 2008

laila time.

It seems the closer we get to the big day the busier and more lazy I feel.

Yesterday we got to have some fun with our photographer Jaimee Ponce. She captured some beautiful pictures of us and my belly bump. We had such a great time being all silly together! Our pictures will be up soon for everyone to view. In a couple months we get to do it all over again...but this time as a family with our little Laila. yay!

After all the excitement from our shoot and having a yummy dinner with my pookie, we went home to cuddle in bed and watch a movie. I laid there all relaxed and comfortable, when all of a sudden I felt so nauseous, crampy, and my tummy was hardening. It was excruciating pain. No...not going into labor yet, just having those fun Braxton Hicks contractions. I am starting to get a lot more of them now that I am getting closer. I keep telling myself to suck it up...this isn't even the worse of it. The pain comes from out of no where. Let's just hope that my water breaks naturally, so I know...ok this is the real deal. It's Laila time!

I met with the anesthesiologist this morning before my doctor's appointment. Everything is all set just in case I decide that I can't handle the pain. Somehow...the epi looks more painful then anything else. I won't be able to get out of bed or do anything once they do it. I even would have to have a catheder in. eeek...try telling someone this who has never been admitted into a hospital. But we will see...I can barely handle the pain I have been going through lately...so I'm sure I will be screaming out "give me drugs!" I keep telling myself i'm going to have an easy labor...even with Laila being a little over the normal percentile. The little chunkamunk will all be worth it. No more easy stuff after you hit the 34 week mark. Doctor's appointment's aren't just to check your weight, bp, and baby's heartbeat...it's now the joys of checking your cervix to see how dialted you are. Oh the joys of pregnancy, but somehow I know I'm going to miss feeling her kicking and being so close to me when she comes.

Oh...best of all! One more week of work left! Thank goodness considering I still have so much to prep for her arrival. My laziness lately has caused me to get nothing done!

No comments: