Friday, January 23, 2009

D-day.

Today is Laila's due date (since it was changed back to the original). I had my last prenatal appointment and was hooked up to a monitor for an NST test. This test monitored Laila's heartbeat and my contractions. Surprisingly I was having contractions almost every 5 minutes and I didn't even feel them. I thought to myself...shouldn't I be heading to Labor & Delivery? Doc didn't seem to concerned. She told me to just keep track this weekend. I had my internal check like I do every week and I was still 2 cm dilated and about 90% effaced. My cervix softened a lot since last week. All the walking has helped! I then asked her about scraping my membranes. Last week Dr. Marks asked me if I wanted it done and I said no...it will happen on its own. With a week going by...I told her go for it. It did help...I feel a little more crampy, but my contractions aren't too bad...yet! Let's hope hubbie and I will be taking a midnight drive to the hospital sometime this weekend, because I don't want to have to be induced Monday night. Yay to us finally almost entering parenthood!!!

No comments: