Thursday, January 15, 2009

anyday now.

Just a quick update on my appointment today. We have made some progress! I am now 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Dr. Marks couldn't believe how much of a change it was from the week before. He said it could be within the next couple days and I probably won't even make it to next week. I knew some progress had to be made. I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks (nothing painful...and the contractions aren't bad at all). Laila is still moving a lot, and poking through my belly causing hardness and discomfort. Throughout the day for the past couple days I have had sharp pains in my groin area. To were I can be standing and all of a sudden I could feel as if I can drop to my knees. My lower back has been causing me discomfort, leaving me with barely any sleep. I figured this is all just normal. I keep asking myself how am I going to know when I am having true labor contractions? I know once it happens it will all come into play. Now I am just waiting for my mucous plug to fall out, my water to break or something. Nothing has yet come out of my boobs. No clear liquid, no colostrum, nada. I know it depends on the person, it happens before the birth for some or after for others. But what the heck...my boobs are ginormous...so why isn't anything coming out now so I know they are working!?

Nevertheless, I am so excited to hear that finally she is making her way downtown. Now I am running around the house, rechecking our bags to make sure I got everything. At this point it is like a daze...realizing anyday now you are going to have that precious person that you have been carrying for 9 months in your arms. Wow! The nerves are kicking in...our little blessing will all be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im so excited for you and jason! Dont be nervous my dear..everything will go smoothly! Maybe your little girl and I will have the same bday!! (1/18) :)