Wednesday, November 26, 2008

doctors, pediatricians, and ultrasound techs...oh my!

We have hit that 33 week mark and this week has been filled with appointments. Once again I had my bi-weekly check with the doc. Everything went smoothly...except I put on 5 lbs in a matter of 2 weeks. I have had a little swelling in my ankles and feet, so the nurse said that could have something to do with it. I have now gained a total of 26 lbs. I was told to put my feet up every chance I get to help reduce the swelling (try telling someone that who always has to be on her feet doing something). I think I am listening this time...because surprise surprise...it seems to help. My kankles are almost back to normal.
We got to sit down with Laila's pediatrician, Dr. Alvarez. We have met him before and just knew we would go with him since he is part of Laila's papou's practice. He asked our concerns and informed us on the normal things that will happen when she arrives. Again...like I say everytime...it was so surreal. I got a little teary eyed as always. I got into thinking about in less then 2 months we will be changing her stinky, wet diapers and holding her in our arms. And soon, our lives will do a total turn and our creation will be here. We can't wait!
Today was our sonogram day. We have been so lucky to get to see Laila so much with all the sonograms we have had. This one was to check her weight and make sure everything was still on schedule since my bump was measuring 3 weeks early. There is no worries...I am still on schedule for january 16th and will go full term just as long as everything stays like it is. Our sonotech Rhonda told us by tomorrow we will have a 5 lb turkey roasting for thanksgiving! Laila weighs as of today 4.93 lbs. and is in the 70th percentile. I have extra fluid in my belly and that is leaving her so much room to wiggle around, which is why I can feel her so much. Her heart rate was great and she is content and happy as can be. She has the perfect little head, a precious smile, and daddy's lips. Rhonda looked at me and said you have nothing to worry about, you will have an easy labor. Somehow when she kept saying the word perfect it made me feel so much better. She is fantastic! The extra fluid in my belly will help me go right back down to size after the birth. I am greatful as it is that I have no stretch marks (knock on wood). It's amazing how the techs can give you an approximate weight of the baby at birth. She told us 7 lbs 11, 12, 13 oz....around there. I think I can handle that! We are just so greatful for her being healthy and can't wait for our beautiful girl to be here.

No comments: