Tuesday, May 4, 2010

15 months.


snackin' & shoppin' with mommy!

"yea...I still got my bink...whatcha gonna do about it?"

Our big girl has seemed to slow down her growing a tad bit. Thank goodness! I think if she got any taller she will be taller then her daddy and me. We go for her 15 month check next week to see how many more pounds she has packed on. I'm sure not much. Laila has thinned out a lot (and so have I) since she has started walking, or I should say running. I was starting to buy her some 2T clothes because it seemed as though the 18-24 mo. was getting too tight from some stores and plus with me shrinking most everything in the wash. Now it seems as if everything is big on her. Even some 18-24 mo. is too big on her. So now all her 2T's that I bought are just sitting in the closet for next summer. I am obsessed with shopping for the little moosh. She dresses better then I do! Probably has more clothes too.

She is talking so much more. Her new thing is "uh-oh". Still saying the normal first baby words and starting to repeat what others say and reactions. I sit with her and we read and go through her flashcards and practice big words. She is so smart and understands so many things. She knows her body parts. She shows me her belly button, and knows her eyes, mouth, nose, and teeth. I can tell her to go get me something (example: remote control) and she will go get it and bring it back to me. And the good part is she is getting better at listening to us. I might have to tell her a few times to stop and smack her little hand before she does, but she gives that sad look walks away and gets over it. She knows when mama means business.
Laila climbs on everything now. She is getting better with going up and down steps and stairs. I'm teaching her the proper way to climb off the couch and chairs. She is a wild child for sure. Not scared of anything...well maybe just the lawn guy when he is mowing the lawn right by her bedroom window. She freaks out if she is napping and hears the mower by the window. It's kinda cute how terrified she gets. She loves when daddy and I scare her. Her laugh is so infectious, and she does so much of it. She shakes her head no constantly, but is starting to go up and down to say yes. So talkative and dances all over the house. She pushes her booty out and bounces up and down. And she raises her hands up like she is a ballerina. I can't get enough of it.

I'm thinking of doing the first haircut thing. I am terrified. But Laila's hair is so long in the back and her bangs are starting to go past her eyes. It can be a crazy mess now if I don't do anything to it. I just want a millimeter trim to even it all out and give it a healthier look. She's got a little curl at the ends now. But of course now that she has hair she pulls on it and barely keeps anything in it.
hmm...I think that's about it with the updates...

Happy 15 months baby girl!

No comments: