Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rest in Peace Grandpa.

Grandpa on his 75th birthday dinner!

57 years of marriage!

Laila and Pop on Grandpa's 77th birthday!



Today, another angel was brought to heaven. After a long fight of Parkinson's disease, my Grandpa had his calling from God. He is finally at peace and feels no more pain. My Grandpa fulfilled a life full of happy memories. I look back to all the times I shared with him and I smile. I am so greatful he got the chance to share the first 16 months of Laila's life. His world was brighter when she was around. I will remind Laila of what a wonderful "pop pop" she had and how much he adored her. My Grandpa was one of the greatest, most talented, bravest men I have ever known. He is going to be missed every minute of every day. Your always in my heart Grandpa.
After Glow

I'd like the memory of me,
To be a happy one,
I'd like to leave an afterglow
Of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo
Whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
& bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve,
To dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.

No comments: