Monday, May 10, 2010

My 2nd Mother's Day!

Sometimes I still can't believe that I am a mother. I look at Laila everyday and thank God for the blessing he has given me and our family. Days, months, and years are flying by. I remember mother's telling me enjoy every moment because it flies by, and it is so true. I tell new mom's the same thing now. Gosh it makes me feel old.
I had a nice Mother's Day. We started the day at church. Am I the only one that get's emotional in church? It seems like every week something just hits me and I tear up. This week they had the church girls youth come out in tutu's and sing and dance. The song was beautiful and I kept picturing Laila up there a couple years from now. I had to pull out the tissues! Jason said if that lasted 10 more seconds he would of started balling his eyes out. It was a nice sermon. To top off the mooshyness, as I went to get Laila from her class, I saw her playing with the other kids through the window. She was so good this week. As I opened the door to get her, she see's me and comes running up and says "Mommy!" It was the sweetest thing. And she even drew me a picture for Mother's Day. As Jason and I got in the car we looked at eachother and said we are ready for baby #2! Well, in his words he said "Laila's ready for a brother." ha! And I say she is always ready for a sister. Soon, we will see...maybe next Mother's Day we will have another on the way.
We spent lunch with Jason's family, then went to my families for dinner. The holiday's are always busy, but we are just lucky to have a ton of family that loves us. Last year, Laila was just a little bean, and now I spent my day chasing her around. We definantly have a strong willed baby. Phew! This mommy gets warn out but being a mother is the best gift ever.




No comments: