Saturday, February 21, 2009

mommy & baby.

My hormones are still wacky. I feel like I'm going through early menopause with how bad my hot flashes are. Plus I am breaking out worse then a teenager going through puberty.

All I want to do is eat. I guess Laila isn't the only one who wants to eat every 3 hours...her mama does too!

I am having contraction like cramps. Mom says it's because my uterus is shrinking back to normal size.

I still have that numb feeling down by my incision and it is still a little swollen. Plus I have sharp pains that shoot down in that area. Nerves coming back together I guess. Laila is so worth having my "baby scar" down there. The healing process is taking longer then I thought, but you won't be able to even notice that the doctor cut me open.

My tummy is still a little flabby from being so stretched out. I can't wait to be fully recovered so I can take Laila running in our jogging stroller or hit up the gym again.

I have the permenant smell of baby spit up on me. For some reason, I love it. Jason says he wants to bottle up Laila's new baby smell and sell it.

My boobs are producing so much milk now. It is so funny when I go to latch Laila on my boob, my milk squirts all over her face when I am really engourged. Looks like I had a boob job done, hard as rocks and don't do the saggy thing (kinda nice...to bad it doesn't stay that way).

Both mama & laila are doing well. Each day is a new experience and I absolutely love it!

Oh and just a little side note: Laila is holding up her head for a good 5 seconds by herself. She is so strong and is so good with her motor skills. It will be a month on Tuesday and our baby girl seems to already be growing up so fast. This stage is so much fun. She will now want to be more active. I put her in her swing so it gives me the chance to get stuff done around the house. She loves it and makes it so easy for me. We just put her in stage 1 pampers (they seem to be a little big), but the newborns were getting snugg and her explosive poops would go up her back and through her clothes. Leaving mommy to do a load of laundry everyday...which I hate! God I love her.

1 comment:

Skinny McGinny said...

sounds like things are running pretty smoothly (well, as smooth as it gets for a mama with a newborn) you gotta watch out for that crazy squirty milk. lola got sprayed in the eye a few times! haha.