Saturday, February 21, 2009

baby carriers.

I put one of those baby slings on my registry and got it as a shower gift. When I first saw it I thought, "oh wow! This looks convenient!" Man, was I wrong! I tried it out with Laila the other day and I could barely get her out. She was all crammed and not able to see a thing. I would be scared I would suffocate the poor girl. Now I am going to invest in one of the front carriers. I want Laila to see the outside world and not be in the stroller all the time when we go for our walks or family outings. Let's hope that it comes to good use.


Ultimate Baby Wrap (still looks a little complicated...i'm sure it's harder then it looks)

Baby Bjorn (possibly a little too bulky)


2 comments:

Skinny McGinny said...

omg! we have the same problem with our sling! lola HATES being put into the sling, but once she is in she falls asleep. but she sweats so bad and i feel if she gets any bigger she wont fit at all. up to 25lbs my arse! we're in the market for a front carrier too. let me know if you have any luck.

Milky McFactory said...

I had a cheaper front carrier for Hailey from Target and it was worthless. Matt and I researched and bought the classic baby bjorn for Hailey. It is the black one with thin white stripes. We used it ALL THE TIME!! She pretty much spent her entire infancy strapped to me or Matt, lol. She loved it and would even fall asleep in it. I really don't know what we would have done without it. It was one of the first things I asked for as a shower gift. The only complaint is that it was a bit hot in our scorching weather. So this time we registered for the baby bjorn "air carrier." It is white and made with a different material so it is cooler. I L-O-V-E it! He didn't like being in it until about 1 1/2 months (we didn't have it for Hay until 3 months.) Now he loves it. I put him in it to go grocery shopping so I can push the cart. I face him out if he is awake and in if it is around nap time. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have it. I use it when I cook dinner, vacuum, do laundry etc. It is a life saver!