Thursday, June 2, 2011

2 weeks young.

Life has been pretty busy since Emmie's arrival. I feel like I have no time to blog. Having two is a lot easier than I thought it would be though. Right now I have the lack of sleep, constant feedings, and keeping Laila entertained, but I got something really cute in exchange for all the craziness. And surprisingly, I am not THAT tired. My heart melts having another little one around. Baby E is already 2 weeks old. I feel like time is already passing quickly. She is such a little pea. Newborn clothes are still a tad bit big on her. It stinks at times because most of her wardrobe is 3 months and I can't put her in any of her cutesy clothes yet. There aren't many options in the newborn department. I was thinking we were going to have a bigger baby, like Laila. I don't even think Emmie is back up to her birth weight yet of 7 lb. 3 oz. It's amazing how strong she already is. She holds her head up when laying on my chest for a good 10 seconds. She curls up like a tiny ball in my arms. Total opposite of what Laila did. We really lucked out with her being a good baby. She sleeps well and barely cries. Except for the occassional "crying in her sleep" that wakes me up thinking she has a dirty diaper or is hungry. These past couple days she has been more alert and constantly hungry...gotta be a growth spurt. Each day is something new already. Feels like forever ago when she was just in my belly.

How lucky am I? I got two beautiful daughters! Life is so good.


{Still working on the perfect pic...Laila is getting better}

{sweet pea}



{me with my sweet emmie june bug}


{our first picture as a family of 4...Laila didn't cooperate much for pics in the hospital}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww very cute!