Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bye Bye Crib!

After a lot of procrastination, Laila is now sleeping in a regular bed. The crib is all ready for her little sis! She has been in a big girl bed for almost a week now and it went a lot easier then I thought it would. She actually was really excited when she saw it, but was a little confused to why we were moving her crib. We made sure to let her know that this is a big deal and she is a big girl and now has her big girl bed. She kept walking around saying "Is that my big girl bed?" I was nervous about her falling out of bed and hurting herself, so I kept waking to check on her. The first couple nights were a little hard getting her to stay in bed, but she also was feeling a little under the weather. As nights went by it wasn't as bad. She came into our room in the middle of the night, but last night she slept in her bed all night until 7:30! I do have to cuddle with her until she falls asleep now, but I know that will change as she gets older.

I still have lots to do to her room, but with having no energy lately I have been very lazy. I am focusing on finishing the nursery first since Laila's room has toys all over anyways. I have so many ideas and lots of plans for the girls rooms, just need the time and motivation to do it. Her bedding isn't exactly what I had in mind, but at this point I was more concerned with her just having the big bed. If it was how I pictured how I wanted her room to be, I would of had to repaint and do a lot. So, that will have to wait. I wanted her to be in the bed a little before her sister arrives so she isn't going through too many changes at once. She is already used to it. What a big girl she has become.







No comments: