Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Celebrating my belliness...again!

Most people don't have showers after their first born, but any excuse to have family and friends together I love. Plus, how can I tell Emelia when she gets older that mommy celebrated Laila's soon to be arrival, but not yours. I have always said I wanted a shower for each of my kids (and yes, we plan on having more). My sister hosted my blossoming baby shower for me on March 27th and she (as always) did an awesome job. We decided to enjoy the beautiful weather outside and have it at the Foxwood Pavillion in Trinity. Besides some wind, it turned out to be a perfect day. We received lots of great things. Not like we needed as much this time around, but there were some things that had to be replaced and of course how can you resist new baby clothes? Even though I have bins full of Laila's hand me downs, there are new styles that I can't resist. Some things we got are Em's new swing from Gramma and Papou, MacClaren bouncy seat from her Auntie, bathtub from Gramma Et and Papa Guy, petunia pickle bottom diaper bag that I have been drooling over from The Little's, and the double stroller we needed from my parents and Gigi (which she knew about before she passed). After trying to decide what I wanted, I went with the new Baby Jogger City Select Single that turns into a double by adding an attached seat. It will be perfect for the girls! We were so blessed with all we got and the great friends and family that came for this special day and enjoyed games, good food, and yummy cake! We still have lots to prep before baby G #2 arrives. Before we know it there will be a sweet cry echoing through our house again.



No comments: