Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Soon to be Big Sister!

We are counting down the days...less then 3 months to go until our new addition arrives! Since the moment I took that pregnancy test on September 18th, it has been an adventure. And in just a few short months we will have one of the best 5 year anniversary gifts ever. Laila seems to be getting a little more excited each day. To be honest I am a little scared. When Laila was in my belly I was scared of the entire labor, but that's not what's scaring me this time around. I am a little worried how Laila will react and worried she will get jealous. She gets so much attention now, and is constantly attached to me. In the beginning Emmie will be attached to me with feedings and I don't want Laila to think I have forgotten about her. I am going to try to have her involved in everything I do with Emelia...baths, have her give her some bottles...ya know all the new mom stuff. Maybe I'll even let her try changing a stinky diaper. She does love her baby dolls and whenever she sees babies she just adores them. Laila does get her tantrums and has her bad days where it is unbearable. I'm worried about conflicting schedules. Laila still takes her naps. I'm worried about not getting any sleep and being a walking zombie. So let's just say I am worried, but couldn't be more excited! I really can not wait to have another baby around. Our little girl will officially be big when her sister arrives. It's amazing how fast she has grown into a beautiful tot.

Each day is a new adventure. Laila is very accident prone now. In a matter of a week she managed to smash her mouth and almost think we lost a tooth, blood gushing and swollen lips. She has such a personality that she gets herself all excited if she is dancing around or the dogs are making her laugh. She runs all over the place and trips over her own to feet. She took a face dive onto the carpet at target the other day, giving her some rug burn on her nose. It's too the point now where I don't freak out as much...I more so laugh and say "oh no what happened?" My main thing is her loosing a tooth or getting a concussion. I'm not ready for the tooth fairy to come yet. I still want to see some teeth in that beautiful smile of hers.

I can never remember (must be the prego mind), if I have been posting Laila's new stats and check ups we have had. She is still off the charts in height. I don't think that will ever change. Last appointment she was 37 inches I believe. Dr. A says she is the height of a 3 year old. Future supermodel or sport scholar? Either way, she will be the tallest girl in her class and be the one that has to be stuck in the back row in all her class pictures. She is still around 32 pounds from what I measure on my parents scale. If I'm at my parents and Grandpa comes home from work she follows him to be weighed in my parents bathroom scale. It's funny! Shopping for her is quite the adventure. I'm already picking out 3T for her because of her height. Most pants are still a 2T, but my gosh, it's insane. I'm so curious to see what Emelia's stats will be when she is born, and compare to her big sister. I'm sure their height will be the same, but I'm thinking Em will be a little bit smaller in weight. Hopefully with different seasons of the girls being born, Em will be able to have some of Laila's hand me downs. Laila did only wear most things once or twice.

Laila does such sweet things now. She wants to cuddle a lot more, gives you more hugs and kisses, she plays with my hair, and she pets the dogs and is a lot more gentle with them. If something seems wrong she looks at you with those sweet eyes and says "It's alright." Her vocabulary is unreal. She is saying complete sentences and repeats most everything now. What mommy is doing, she needs to be doing. She has to be into everything I am doing...sewing, cleaning, eating, and even as I am typing this she is leaning against my back wanting to help. No privacy for this mama! If I could record her everyday life, she could possibly have her own reality show. Pure entertainment! She keeps me busy, that's for sure.

Here are some sweet moments I captured of our big girl in February.








No comments: