Saturday, January 8, 2011

Half way there!

I have officially hit the half way mark (20 weeks) yesterday and I can hardly believe it. Like I have said sometimes I forget I am even pregnant since I am so preoccupied with Laila running around. I think it's all catching up to me now. My belly is sticking out, I have the bad backaches and headaches, my back and tummy are sooo itchy, and my boobs have grown a big amount and have already started to hurt a little. I know, I know...TMI.

When I think back to my first pregnancy, this one is a little more difficult. When Laila was in my belly it wasn't so bad. I barely got sick and didn't feel as tired. Things were different. I have to say I have pretty easy pregnancies considering these horror stories I have heard. But I think this one is more difficult because I am constantly on the go with Laila. It's not as easy to lay down when I want or even relax for a second. I may not be working this pregnancy, but it is still way more exhausting. This time around I got a little more sick and actually vomited once. With Laila I never did. The prenatal vitamins are making me a little sick this time, and the first pregnancy it didn't. I am on the same exact ones. I have the acid indigestion and keep tums by my side all day. I am always tired and can't get enough sleep. I am already uncomfortable and the only way to help me sleep is if I have pillows on both sides of me. Weird I know, but I like snuggling with them. I get out of breath easily already. My appetite is insane. One day I can eat a meal for two all day long and the next I take a couple bites and feel all woozy. All the symptoms seem to be starting early this time. Hmmmm...what else can I complain about?

I know people say with your second pregnancy you show a little sooner, which is true. I have gained a total of 10 pounds as of now, but I feel so blah already! I'm in between my regular clothes and maternity. I lost weight once Laila's started being more active, so my old maternity clothes are way too big on me. I just went and bought some maternity shirts, but still haven't reached the maternity jeans stage yet. I'm in my regular jeans and I just tie a hairband around the button. I got my belly band, but I'm still not big enough for that yet. It's uncomfortable. I mostly wear leggings or comfy hang out pants for right now.

But with all the challenges of pregnancy, comes the most amazing feelings in the world. I feel Emmie a lot now. And it brings me back to when Laila was in my belly. You relive it all over again, and it seems like just yesterday when I was pregnant with Laila. I keep seeing if Jason can feel her yet, but he can't. Maybe in a couple weeks. Miss Emmie JuneBug is doing perfectly hanging out in the womb for another 5 months or so. Got lots more appointments to look forward to and lots more to blog about in the future months.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Yeah on the 1/2 way mark! Pregnancy is hard- even when it's an 'easy' pregnancy. I've had both kinds. Easy with my singleton and extremely hard with the twins. But, in truth, it's all a challenge. Luckily- the little critters are worth it (most days).

I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you and you have another, healthy, beautiful daughter in a few more months!