Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Angel's Getting Her Wings.


My beautiful Grandma June (Gigi) got called to heaven from God on January 24th at 9:05pm. These past months have been extremely hard watching her fight through cancer. Only 2 months went by with us knowing it was even taking over her body. Everything happened so fast, it's hard to even imagine her not being here with us anymore. She was one of the most amazing people in my life and I was so lucky to call her my Grandma. I am seriously at a loss for words and wish that I could wake up from this nightmare and have her back. But I know she has left her temporary home to be back with my Grandpa, my dad, and all the loved ones we have lost.

If I could tell stories about all the memories we have shared I could write a book. My Grandma did everything and anything for us. Even as we grew into adults we were still spoiled by her. She was a kid at heart herself. Everytime we had with her was special. She was always so active with her crafts, quilting, and painting...she taught me so much and I was so excited to learn more from her. I am forever greatful for the time we did get to share these past couple months...even before we found out she was sick. I hold all the memories deep in my heart. I still can't believe it.
Laila admired her Gigi. And I know that even though she is 2 she will remember her. She really got close with her months before she passed. This picture below was a special day. It's the last picture of Laila and Gigi about 2 weeks before she passed. They were being silly with their princess stickers and my grandma got her an entire Snow White Pez set that Laila loves! This is the hardest part for me. I always was so excited for Laila to be able to have her childhood years with her great grandma because I had so many great memories with her growing up. But I really do think she will remember her. And with Emmie...she will hold a special place with her Gigi. I'm just glad we got to tell my grandma we were having another little girl and that she would carry on my grandma's name as her middle name. My kids will know their Gigi because she will be talked about a lot through great memories, pictures and stories.


You are so missed Grandma June. Watch over us and guide us until we see you again.

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest.
There is no need for tears for with your love I was so blessed.
There is no pain, I suffer not, the fear now is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts, in your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath, remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death, but celebrate my life.

No comments: