Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby #2 Name Revealed.




So here it is...Miss Emelia "Emmie" June is set to make her debut end of May. We were going to hold off on revealing the name, but as many know I don't have much patience when it comes to exciting things. Plus, we kept going back and forth with different middle names and even kept contemplating on the first name. I think girls are much harder to pick names for. For some reason we kept going toward the E names. And once I said Emelia, Jason loved it. He was set on it and I was too. But then I didn't want to be too certain because I wasn't ready to make it definate. But this was a name we both loved and that doesn't happen very often. With Laila the same thing happened. So after deciding that Emelia (we will call her Emmie for short) would be baby girl #2's name, it was time to pick out a middle name.

Now, we were so set on the middle name Annika if it was another girl from the moment we got pregnant. But then when we picked the first name we didn't think it flowed that nicely and wanted something a little shorter. So then we went from Ava, to Grace, and then to June. We both agreed that Emelia having the middle name June would be special. Since finding out my grandma got cancer, life has been hard, but this was a way of showing her how much we love her. We wanted her to know that her name would be Emmie's middle name, and once I told her and heard her cry and feel honored, I knew that's what it had to be. No matter what happens this year, Emmie will arrive and share a special peice of her Gigi. I am so excited for Laila to meet Emelia. She gives her kisses everyday and says "I love my sister". Now I'm working on her saying Emmie. Still got some time, so I think she will get it down by then. I couldn't be more happy having two girls and can't say it enough that I am really really excited!!!

No comments: