Tuesday, April 21, 2009

first trip.

Back to New York we had to go for yet another wedding. We were so excited to take Laila on her first plane ride and first getaway. Not only was I packing for myself now, but I loaded up a huge diaper bag and little suitcase filled with stuff for our bubs. It's not as easy as you think. You need to pack a ton of bibs, diapers, and burp clothes. Plus a ton of outfits with the way Laila drools, it goes through the bib. I made my list of things to bring and checked off each one. Carseat...check. Stroller...check. Elli...check. Taggy blankie...check. The list went on and on. The weather was going to be cool so I packed her bundle and a ton of sweaters, jackets, and warm onesies.

As far as flighing went....on the way there the flight was nice and smooth. Didn't phase Laila one bit. She was asleep most of the flight. I made sure we gave her some tylenol and was sucking on her binky or her bottle. On the way back the weather wasn't the best, so her ears were really bothering her and she was screaming a little bit. We had to fly around a storm and it was a rough landing. Luckily everyone around us was understanding and sincere. But I tell you...I am not flying Southwest ever again. It was the first time flying it (it was a cheaper flight and we were already spending a fortune on our hotel and just being in the wedding.) It's hard traveling with an infant on an airline that's so unorganized. The seats were roomy and comfy, but I don't like the fact that your don't have an assigned seat. So I will stick to Jet Blue from now on. Oh! One good thing about traveling with a baby...you get to skip all the long lines on security (at least at TIA).

It was a quick little vaca, but we had a good time. The hotel we stayed in was supposebly haunted. It's an old mansion that was refurbed into a hotel. The owner, Mrs. Pratt killed herself in her home. The servers up at the Pub in the attic was telling us she comes around once in a while. eeek! Kind of freaked me out a little, but it was interesting.

On Saturday, we were away from Laila all day. We decided to leave her with her Aunt Marisa and my Aunt Patty. It would of been hard having her at the wedding with us being in it. We were all over the place that day. Marisa walked Laila up to the church and surprised us. A lot of my NY family got to meet her for the first time and our little snuggle bug was a hit. It was a nice day, but we missed her so much. It was the first time we were away from her longer then 5 hours. The next day we were all exhausted but decided to go to the Belmont Fair. Laila had her first funnel cake. ha! Not really, but I know she will love them just as much as her mama does.

We can't wait to show Laila the world and travel everywhere with her. This little trip was just the beginning. This weekend we are off to Port Charlotte to see some of Jason's family. yay!

No comments: