Saturday, October 18, 2008

entering the third trimester.

I can remember clear as can be the day I found out I was pregnant. I was about a week late, but didn't want to take a test because I knew I have been through this before. All the disappointments after 6 months of trying. This saturday morning was different. Two lines appeared this time. My heart was pounding and I couldn't believe it...like really I had to pinch myself. I was freaking out! Jason was sleeping and I had to work so I just left and headed for CVS to purchase another test to make sure. I arrived at work and Fran saw me glowing and she knew exactly what I was glowing about. She made me go in the bathroom to take the other test. This time it wasn't the 2 lines...it actually said pregnant! I don't think there is a word that describes how I was feeling. Later that night I told Jason.
Now I am a little over 27 weeks...time is flying! I have been very fortunate so far with an easy pregnancy. I have the backpain and the discomfort. But never really got sick. Yesterday I had the braxton hicks contractions...or so I think from reading all 20 pregnancy books i own. Sharp pains shooting down the vj? yea...i think thats it.
I feel like there isn't enough time in the day. I'm am being extremely obsessive about making room in the house. Her room still needs to be painted and her crib and changing table have already arrived. And now that I can almost officially say I'm in the 3rd trimester scares the heck out of me. It's almost here. Sometimes I feel ready and other times I am just terrified to even think about it. I try to focus on the exciting things. The shower, Laila's nursery, and when I get to see that little face everyday.
I am going to be a mommy! How weird does that sound? Remember when you were a little girl and all you wanted to do was play house and you had your own baby. I am actually going to be living that. Then my little girl will be doing the exact same thing. It's such a beautiful thing.

No comments: