Sunday, May 1, 2011

Emmie's Nursery Sneak Peek!

Finally, I am revealing just a little of what's been happening in the new nursery. We did use all Laila's old furniture. It would of been silly not to. I had all these ideas of what I wanted to do to Emelia's nursery, but kept procrastinating and things kept piling up all over her room. Life has been pretty busy and bumps in the road got in the way, but I knew it would get done. I still have frames to fill, wall hangings to hang, finish up some crafts I have been meaning to do for her room, curtains, and order a little area rug (def won't be as big as Laila's was...now I know why I don't have carpet anywhere else in our house...dirt! ew!) If I don't get it done these next weeks before she is here, I will not stress and finish when she gets here. She sleeps in our room for convenience the first couple weeks anyways. I few things I still want to change down the road. I found the cutest chair I wanted to put in her room, but decided to just move the one that was in Laila's for now.

Laila has enjoyed being in her sissy's room helping me with organizing. She wants to be into everything that's her sisters though. She even sees her old crib and wants to just play in it. When she wants to be she is a really big help and understands that we are working on her sister's room.

Well...for now here's a sneak peek. I didn't take you into the messy side of the room by the changing table that is covered with diapers, wipes, and my space I have been prepping my diaper bag and things for the hospital. Once it is totally complete, I will reveal all! Enjoy for now!

Dresser area with the PB mirror I painted.

I wanted a picture of her Big Sis framed in her room.



Book Holder for storytime!

A daisy painting my Grandma June did back in 1996. I had to put it in her room since "daisies" really mean a lot to me.





The "hand me down" crib with bedding...bought bumper and sheet...my mom and I "recycled" Laila's old bedskirt.




Added this to the dresser for something extra. This is my Grandma June's childhood music box.




Sitting area for now with Big and Little Roo (thanks to Gramma and Papou) and some more of the crib.




Picture leading into entrance of the nursery.




Big Sister and Helper!

2 comments:

danayarn said...

love everything you have great taste! I hope baby #2 delivery is easy for you!

Carolyn said...

So cute! Love the colors!!