Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some Summer!

It has been an boiling summer! You can't step outside for a minute without dripping sweat. For the most part we tried to stay indoors, but when we got the chance to get out we had some fun.


After the summer started off really crazy, with my grandpa's passing and then our girl's trip up to NY, things started to settle down. The month of June was chaos. We honored my Grandpa by going to the Korean War Anniversary down at Freedom Park. I can't begin to tell you how proud I was of him. He is missed everyday but feel so greatful to know that he fulfilled a life of happiness and great memories.




As summer was passing by, the heat got more unbearable. But there was no way you were keeping us inside the entire summer. Our dear friends Brittany and Christian had a BBQ for Brittany's birthday, and also to celebrate them finally getting preggo! We hung by the pool and enjoyed friends until finally a storm was rolling through. We started getting used to these afternoon storms the entire summer.


In July, Laila and I spent a day at BG with my sister and The Little's. It was so flippin' humid, we were already drenched of sweat the first hour we were there. We went to any place the kids could play in water, and then headed to Sesame Street Land before we left. Laila got to meet Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Abby. At this point in the day she was hot and tired so not many smiles were coming from her pretty little face. We also got to see the new kangaroo exhibit! Sooo much fun! Can't beat the all year pass!






Jason and I are used to taking about 3 trips a year, but since we have had Laila is gets a little hard. After realizing how fast this year has flown by already we decided to take a road trip to Orlando for 4 days and stayed at the Omni hotel. Last time we stayed there Laila was a little bean in my belly. It was days of pure relaxation. We walked around DTD, hung out in the room, relaxed poolside, and took Laila to Magic Kingdom for the first time. (Note to self: next trip to Disney we will make sure the weather is cool!) Laila got to meet her favorite characters, Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy. Her reaction was amazement! I think Laila found her first obsession. She can't get enough of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We went through Minnie and Mickey's house in Toon Town. It is the cutest thing! I'm looking forward to the obsession of the Princess stage that most little girls go through. I can't wait to take her back again.












We didn't do much of the beach this summer. Even the beach water was too warm to even be able to cool down. We bared the heat one day and went to Honeymoon Island with my sister, grandma, and mom. We made it a good hour before heading back to GiGi's pool to cool down.



I absolutely love the summer, but I think this one has been a little TOO hot. I'm looking forward to the cool fall breeze, jackets, boots, and jeans!

No comments: