Monday, February 8, 2010

"You are our Sunshine"

HOLY COW! Can I pinch myself? Do we really have a one year old? Unreal. Laila's 1st party was definantly a big deal. We welcomed tons of friends and family to our home to help us celebrate. Jason and I wanted to make it special for her, even if she won't remember it, we will, and she will look back and be greatful for it all.
Laila got lots of gifts (and me too!). It was a never ending line of opening presents and cards. Laila got Elmo Encore, Radio Flyer Outback Wagon, PBK baby carriage with Abby and Stella baby dolls, oodles of clothes, some mulla to stash away, gift cards and some other little things to play with.
Every one year old needs a smash cake. Laila stuck her little fingers into her sunshine cake and went at it. While about 50 people watched her and laughed. She was loving it! I have never seen such a mess. About half way through, it was time to take a bath and get all the cake crud off of her. She wasn't too happy and could of just been covered in cake the rest of the night.

I couldn't get over it. It literally was everywhere...hair and cake prints all over her face. Looks like she is ready to fight in a war. haha!

I wanted Laila to remember everyone who came to her first birthday. I will have her 1st birthday picture framed and kept in her room. It was a great day (and a memorable birthday for me). As much fun as we had...next year...we do small. After this...Laila will be telling me what she wants for her special birthday parties. Thank you to everyone who came and crammed themselves into our humble abode!

No comments: