Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Love NY!

After an emotionally and mentally exhausting week from my Grandpa passing, we had a girls trip planned. It was much needed after going through the worst couple weeks of my life. We went to visit the new babies and our family up in Long Island, New York. We departed from TIA on Saturday morning. I was having a little anxiety of having Laila on the plane. The last time I flew with her Jason was with us and she was only 3 months old. This time I was nervous thinking she would want to run up and down the plane and not want to sit still, or scream like crazy because her ears were popping. Every nightmare scenerio ran through my head. To my surprise, she did perfectly! Maybe JetBlue helped out a little with their tv's, but she loved flying. She looked out the window, and was playing peek-a-boo in between the seats and making everyone around her laugh. But for the most part she slept most of the way. Thank goodness considering I knew how crazy our couple days in New York would be.





We arrived at JFK and then headed to my Aunt and Uncle's house. Laila got to hang out with Jordan. It was so much fun seeing them play. The last time they were together Laila wasn't walking so they took advantage. Laila grabbed Jordan's hand and headed for the trains. ha! It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Laila loved seeing the trains go by every 10 minutes, definantly a different atmosphere then she is used to here.





We went to Aunt Nancy's for dinner and to meet the babies that night. Babies everywhere! I loved it! We were all pretty tuckered out and jet lagged, so we decided to turn in early and get some rest.

The next day we went to The Johnson's for an all day BBQ. It rained most of the day, but it was so nice seeing all the cousins together. Not a moment of silence was in that house with all the kids running around. Laila was the youngest and got to play with all her boy cousins. She was having a blast up until we made her sit with all the boys to take a picture. ha! The Johnson side of my family has the male gene of making babies...I was the first to have a girl. It was such a good day filled with family, good food, and happy times.




It was so nice to get away. Being a stay at home mom can be rough. Sometimes your dying to see new things and get away from the every day ventures. We did miss daddy a lot though. As much as taking a trip is fun, it's nice to be home. I didn't get much sleep and either did Miss Laila. She was up most every morning at 5am and would go to bed pretty late. Not what we are used to when we are home. There were some of the nights she would wake up in her pack and play and freak out, so I just let her come cuddle in bed with me until she fell back asleep. And if you know me, I am not one to do that. She was sweet the last night we were there. I was trying to get her to bed. She was so tuckered out, she couldnt even keep her eyes open. So I put her down in her crib, she got up and cried. So I held her and told her to put her head down. She squirmed out of my arms and wanted me to put her down. I did...she ran right over to the bed, climbed up and closed her eyes and fell asleep. Soooo cute!

We shopped, snapped tons of pictures, ate good homeade meals, and hung outside enjoying the beautiful weather (NO humidity!) We even had Mister Softee the first night we were there...mmmmmm! Vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles! It was so nice meeting Isabella and Alexis. Laila loved the babies. She wanted to hold them. I know she will be so good when we add another addition onto our family.







So after five days of family fun, we headed back home. Laila loves the airplane rides. 17 months and it's her 2nd flight. It was a good time. Looking forward to more trips!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite post on your blog. Family comes first. It's so nice to see the family together.