Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our 1st doctor's visit!

I went in the office thinking this was going to be in and out and then I can go home and relax...well that's not how it worked. We arrived at 1 pm. It started were they needed a pee sample...no big deal...I had to pee anyways. Then I headed back out to the waiting room until my name got called. 10...15...20 minutes went by and finally it was time for the doctor to see me. I went back to the room and waited for him to come in and talk with me. Another 15 minutes went by...the door opens and Dr. Marks says "I have a delivery I will be back in 45 minutes. Hang around go to the mall or something and I will be back" I decided to just wait patiently in the office since Jason had just took the car to run some errons for our store. This happens all the time...I'm sure when I am going into labor the doctor will be doing the same thing for me. Surprisingly...he was back in 30 minutes. What a guy! He started the normal routine, asking a bizzilion questions, which gets you to thinking about some scary things. You just pray that your baby will be healthy...thats all I care about! Then it was finally time to see little peanut for the first time. WOW! It really hits you all over again...You see the little heart moving....its like you don't know what to say. I'm going to be a first time mom...this stuff is all so new to me. It's amazing! Dr. Marks is a trip though...he makes it so easy.

After all the mushy stuff was over I went to go get my blood work done. I was starving at this point, had to pee, and just wanted to get home. I was tired. I'm not very good when it comes to having 7 viles of blood taken from my body. I just looked away...didn't hurt at all, but then all of a sudden I got so hot and started seeing those little black dots...my ears were ringing. I knew right then and there I was going to pass out. ha! Figures...the nurses were so sweet and got me cold towels to put on my face. What a great first experience huh?

We are 7 weeks and 1 day...give or take a day. yay!

No comments: